Jesus Is Alive

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

INVITATION

INVITATION....was an gathering held at my home on February 5th, 2011.  It was a group of women from different areas of my life.  Those who attended ranged from long time friends, family members, new friends, friends from work and friends from church.  I sent the simple invitation to 27 people. Not really sure who would attend, preparations for the day began.  When the time arrived on this Saturday....23 ladies showed up....the funny part was they weren't really sure what the morning would entail. They knew from the invitation that brunch and Bible study was included but there was still a bit of mystery surrounding the invite.

Prayer was the biggest part of preparing....Back in the fall God put an idea in my heart and mind to have a Bible study in my home.  I prayed and asked Him, why would anyone come to just another Bible study????? As I began to pray, He began to show me what plans to make, one step at a time.  I have to say I was a little hesitant about going forward with the whole idea.

What was the idea?????  That it would not be a one time Bible study or a picked Bible study that I could get at a Christian bookstore.  The idea comes from the book of Acts in the Word of God.  When we consider the early church, they opened their homes and lives to one another.  The challenge for the INVITATION was that those who attended would say "YES!" to opening their homes and lives to those around them.  You see, that is why God gave me a list of names from different areas of my life.   It was not only to be about a one time event on Feb. 5th, 2011!  It was/is meant to go on, and on, and on.  When the Saturday morning finally arrived, it was exciting to see everyone.  The morning was full of fellowship, food, music, prayer, God's Word shared with us by Sarah Jones.   I shared the main purpose of what God had intended the whole morning to be about.....Relationships...loving others...allowing God to use us and our resources for His Kingdom.  Many shared that it was just what they needed.  Our lives are so full of day to day struggles, stress, running here and there, being pulled in different directions.... I wanted these ladies to know that I care about them. I was/am completely overjoyed that I was able to share my home with them.  Ladies you were and are completely worth all the effort it took to prepare for your being in my home on Feb. 5th! You are loved by the King of Kings and the Prince of Peace!

The blessing...Many ladies left challenged to have INVITATION in their homes.   Pass it on ladies... 

Thank you to Sarah Jones for agreeing to share with us from God's Word and as always for sharing her heart with us all!  Sarah, I love you and am so thankful that God has allowed me the privilage here on earth to call you my friend as well as sister in Christ!It was a real blessing and Many ladies left challenged to have INVITATION in their homes.  Read Sarah's daily blog at http://sarahdecosimojones.blogspot.com/

Thank you to Louise Grishom....wow...lady I just love you to pieces!  The day would not have been as tasty if you had not stepped in with your talent in the kitchen.!  Food was EXCELLENT!!!!! Thank you also for being a sounding board, encouraging me to grow in Christ...also for being honest with me!  I love you my friend!!!!

Thank you to Virginia Dillinger...I just loved the bookmarkers!  Thank you for the candy too!  You are a real blessing to me! 

Thank you to everyone who attended INVITATION.  I pray that you will continue to allow God to challenge you to open your hearts to His service by opening your home, your life, your family....committ everything you do unto the Lord.  Look for ways to serve Him today, there is an opportunity every single day to impact someones life for the Kingdom of God.  I love you all. 

If you have INVITATION in your home, please share in the comment area of how God used your efforts and how He blessed you from your INVITATION to your friends, family and neighbors!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea to encourage others to 'pass it on'. I miss those ladies from BHBC.

    ReplyDelete