Jesus Is Alive

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Prayer and Fasting

When making preparations for going on my first foreign mission trip our team made the decision to fast from food on every Friday until we would leave.  I had never fasted before and now to fast from food on a Friday night during football season for about 6 weeks...wow...that was going to really require prayer.   For real, we love to eat our dinner at the football games....along with all the other goodies you can get on Friday night like fried oreos, funnel cakes, cotton candy and more.   The first two weeks were really difficult.  As the weeks went on I began to look forward to Friday.  God showed me that when I was wanting to eat, I needed to go to Him.  I realized that sometimes when I was thinking about food, I was not even hungry, I was just filling time by eating.  The Lord wanted me to fill my time with Him.  To get to know Him more, to desire Him more than food or anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment